We are Hiring a Los Angeles-Based Rental Coordinator
UPDATE: POSITION AS BEEN FILLED!
ShareGrid is looking for an individual who wants more than just a job. This position is ideal for someone who loves film production, knows gear, and is eager to help customers with any problem at any time of the day. In return, you will learn the details of growing a company, support filmmakers, and have opportunities to expand your professional skills within the company.
As the new Rental Coordinator for ShareGrid, you will be at the front lines of PRO rental requests coming in from production companies. You will need to provide a high level of service understanding the production company’s needs and guiding them all the way through the process from request to completion. You will have to be a detailed oriented person who never lets an obstacle prevent you from completing a job done well.
The Rental Coordinator must be customer service oriented, experienced with gear and production, organized, social, resourceful, detail-oriented, and a doer.
- Provide daily outstanding customer service to existing and potential users by being proactive, courteous, responsive and resourceful.
- Respond quickly to emails and phone calls.
- Have strong writing skills.
- Eager to please.
- Find ShareGrid solutions for any customer.
- Source gear for productions and facilitate rental transactions.
- Evaluate renters and verify client accounts and insurance.
- Provide equipment recommendations for client needs.
- Generate price quotes and comparable sheets.
- Facilitate gear exchanges, deliveries, and preps for projects.
- Support the needs of rental houses and vendors who list gear on ShareGrid.
- Proactively contact vendors for each request and make sure vendors can and want to make competitive bids.
- Be available to answer “how to” questions as needed.
- Source data to make informed gear listing decisions.
- Provide tutorials and trainings to make sure vendors understand the service.
- Monitor PRO project pages to make sure everything is working as planned.
- Moderate the chat boxes.
- Update project participants when changes take place.
- Analyze ShareGrid’s gear needs and identify sources to build more gear inventory.
Demonstrable Qualifications Required:
- Exceptional customer service skills (courteous, responsive and resourceful).
- Detailed knowledge of cinema cameras, lenses, grip, electric, and accessories.
- Thorough understanding of the film/video/photography production process.
- Experience working with (or at) camera rental houses.
- Experience working with (or at) commercial production companies.
- An entrepreneurial point of view.
- Desire to help others.
- Positive and persistent problem-solver.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Sense of humor.
Must be a fast learner of tech tools, such as:
- Apple operating systems, Intercom, Asana, Campaign Monitor, Slack, Google Docs, Keynote, Social media platforms, Typeform, Various image editing software, and proprietary web-apps.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $45K – $55K, with room for growth and bonuses.
- Medical and dental plans.
- Self-managed paid-time-off.